Why become a Digital Marketer?
Every product, service, brand or event needs a digital marketing strategy.
Tapping into this exciting, fast-paced, ever-changing space will set you up for an awesome career in just about any industry.
If you want to be creative, but still deliver tangible results, Digital Marketing might be right up your alley. There are so many different specialties, so if you’re into to analyzing data, coming up with creative concepts and copy writing, planning out advertising campaigns or a bit of everything, you can find a place in Digital Marketing.
Some of the careers in digital marketing:
- Digital Marketing Strategy jobs – currently over 300 jobs in Vancouver
- You’re a jack of all trades who pulls together each marketing channel into one cohesive plan that knocks sales targets out of the park and kicks a lot of a$$.
- Social Media Marketing Jobs – over 500 jobs currently in Vancouver
- You know about the latest social network before anyone else and connect with users and customers on their own turf. Justin Trudeau and Lady Gaga depend on you. NBD.
- Search Engine Marketing – over 100 jobs currently in Vancouver
- You turn a $1 ad spend into $5 of revenue and take that 5x ROI straight to the corner office. If Elon Musk and Hermione Granger had a child, this would be you.
- Email Marketing – over 700 jobs currently in Vancouver
- You’re the bread and butter of any business. Whether you’re nurturing new contacts or a/b testing all the hottest new campaigns. They can’t live without you.
- Content Writing – over 70 jobs currently in Vancouver
- You are the J.K. Rowling of tech. Whether you’re writing blog posts, emails, or sales copy, it’s captivating and your customers love it. Your boss also loves you because you are awesome.
- Mobile Marketing/advertising – over 300 jobs currently in Vancouver
- People have smart phones. Businesses need people. You connect the two. You are on the leading edge of technology, master of a burgeoning field that even Google and Facebook are still trying to figure out.
- Inbound Marketing – over 60 jobs currently in Vancouver
- A word of warning”¦ Very few people will understand what you do, but you won’t mind because you’ll be crushing it as an adult.
With over 1k jobs currently in Vancouver, why not find out how you can grab a piece of the digital pie?
Come along and ask anything to our panel, who will include:
- Destin Jones, Head of Community, Change Heroes
- Gary Allen, Customer Education Manager, Unbounce
- Kristina Cisnero, Online Strategist, Hootsuite Representative
- Richard Bergen, Digital Marketing Strategist, 6S
Creative Director / Lead Instructor, UI & Communication Design
Julie is a Designer with expertise in crafting highly engaging digital experiences for organizations like TELUS, YYoga, Escents, and Rutgers University at digital agency Pound & Grain. Originally from New-Caledonia, she joined the RED team where she uses her well-rounded set of skills and her background in fine arts & coding to fuel her strong enthusiasm for teaching UI & Communication Design.
Julie is passionate about thinking of innovative ways to leverage user-centric design at every possible moment - whether it's through her teaching, her design work, or while contributing to the betterment of her surroundings.